Friday, October 17, 2008

Force India keep drivers for 2009

Share


Force India will retain the line-up of Italian Giancarlo Fisichella and Germany's Adrian Sutil next season.

With two races to go before the end of the Formula One season, the pair have yet to contribute a point but will get another opportunity next term.

"I'm happy with Adrian and Giancarlo and they will continue through 2009," said Force India owner Vijay Mallya.

Fisichella's best finish so far this season was 10th at the Spanish Grand Prix and Sutil's 13th in Belgium.

"I am really disappointed with this season and I think it is just time to finish this season and hopefully we will do a better one next one," said the highly-rated Sutil, 25.

"With Giancarlo I had a good team-mate. He was pushing me all the time and I really saw myself progressing and growing, so right now I am feeling very, very good."

Fisichella, 35, joined the Ferrari-powered team from Renault at the end of last season. He has won three races in 12 years in F1.

Mallya said he had been talking to Mercedes about the possibility of replacing Ferrari because he wants an engine, gearbox and Kinetic Energy Recovery System (KERS) in one package from his supplier for next year.

"That's our requirement and we can't do without any one component," he said.

"So negotiations continue and I'm hoping that we will be able to finalise something sooner rather than later because we need to finish this season, get on with testing and be prepared for a significantly improved performance by the team in 2009."

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online